Thursday, September 1, 2011

Oops

     I made the mistake of washing and drying the new sweater in the machines.  By mistake, I mean it was totally on purpose, but hoped the outcome would be different.  Turns out it shrunk a little, and looks even more wonky than before :-/ I'm hoping that running an iron over it (especially the hem which WON'T STAY DOWN) will help, or even just soaking it again and blocking instead of drying. We'll see. It should still fit for a little while at least, so not a huge disaster.
     I finally got around to making a hat, also.  The Dec 2011 Mom's group on Rav had a hat KAL for the end of August, but it seemed like I never had the needles I needed when I needed them (just ask my fellow stitch 'n' bitchers - I think there were multiple nights when I just didn't end up knitting anything).  Since my Zora is currently off the needles (still blocked, still not seamed), I realized it freed up my 40" size 3. Triumph! Finished a baby hat right away. I used the "Very Basic Baby Beanie" (rav link) pattern, which was exactly as described.  A perfect quick little knit. I am definitely planning on using the pattern again. I think the brim will end up being turned up, but this should fit for a little while at least.  After finishing this, I started an "Offset Wraplan" (rav link) in the same yarn (KP's Felici Sport, colorway "Too Cool"). The Dec2011 group just so happened to pick sweaters as the theme for Sept.'s KAL, so this is perfect! Hopefully that little bit of motivation I might need near the end.  Assuming all goes well, this *might* be baby's coming home outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment