Saturday, July 30, 2016

Knitting Kick


I've been on a fresh finishing kick lately - first, I finished the socks I've been working on for a few weeks. I used Quaere Fibre self-striping in "Socktober". Unfortunately, I started the heel turn just a tiny bit too early, so they're just the tiniest bit too snug. Looks like my mom gets a new pair of socks. 
After that, I needed a size one needle to start a sweater for #3. While I was looking, I found a sock-yarn sweater I started in December 2010 - a full year before Carter was even born. It turned out I really only needed to do seven rows of garter stitch, bind off, weave in ends, and seam the sleeves. I have no idea why I left it lingering for so long! It turned out it wasn't even the needle I needed, but I was very happy to have that done. 
Right now, I'm almost done with the body on a Newborn Vertabrae using Felici. It is a very quick knit, and hopefully I'll be done before I leave for the knitting retreat next Thursday. Then I need to plan what I'm bringing for that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment