Friday, July 17, 2009

It's Time To Frog!

I started making another Starghan for my mom to give at a baby shower, but for the life of me couldn't get it to lie flat. Since it's acrylic yarn, I knew I couldn't block it, plus it just DID not want to be flat. At all.

While deliberating, I started making a Ripple Afghan. While researching patterns on Ravelry, I came across a CAL that had started ripples the day before! Yay! That was all I needed to get started. My leftover skeins from the Starghan are clearly not going to be enough yarn, so it looks like I've figured out what to do with the Starghan. Time to rip!
I have a lot more in the Mint colorway than I do Duckie, so I decided to make just a thin yellow stripe every 5 rows. I like it so far - it's different, and doesn't look like the 70's Ripple afghan from my gramma's basement :) That's coming next, with all of the orangey/redy/peachy yarn donated from Bumpa's sister!
(All of my GVSU afghan squares are done, most ends woven in, just sitting there in a big stack watiting, patiently, to be put together. Ugh)
(Oh, and Sweet Dreams? Two strips are also patiently waiting in the box for me to make four more and stitch them together. Someday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment