Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Super Secret Afghan Project

My sister still doesn't know about the GVSU afghan I'm making for her, but she's visiting this weekend, so I'm working on getting it done. All it needs is a few more ends sewn in, and I'm set! It has made me decided I'm tired of working on afghans with lots of different squares. It is way too time consuming seaming and weaving in ends.
I'm ready for something that is all one color! I ordered more yarn from KnitPicks yesterday, plus some new needles. I picked out 6 skeins of Crayon in Azure to make a diagonal knit baby blanket. There are (at least) 4 babies coming up that need things made for them, so odds are at least one is a boy, right? I just fell in love with the color and had to get it. It helps that it was only $1.99 a skein - this blanket could cost me a total of $12, which is even cheaper than the ones I made with the $0.99 yarn! I also picked out some sock yarn. I need to practice a bit before I get it, but I found a tutorial on the figure-8 cast on, and think I might be able to do this after all. Finally, I ordered two skeins of laceweight to make a shawl with. With my cousin's wedding coming up in October, I figured I could make a shawl to wear over one of my dresses to keep me warm. I'm planning on Swallowtail for now, but that could change. My plan is to practice a few repeats with sportweight and big needles first, so I can make sure I know what I'm doing.
I just finished uploading all of our vacation pictures to the computer, time to get them online!
Mr. Giraffe says goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment