Monday, August 24, 2009

Making A Dent?

I really want to get some new yarn and start a few Christmas presents, but first I have to make a dent in my WIPs! I picked up my ripple afghan again, and am just about out of yarn. I'd like to think that by tonight the body will be finished and I'll just need to add the edging tomorrow afternoon. The diagonal baby blanket I'm making with Crayon is taking FOREVER. A stitch is added every row so it just gets slower and slower as I go. I also discovered I'm going to need approximately 6.4 skeins to make it the size I want, and I only ordered 6, so I need to get one more. I think I'm going to get white instead of the same blue so I don't have to worry about dyelots, then it will have a diagonal white stripe in the middle. It should work out ok, I guess we'll see!
I also have my socks going right now, plus my dad's deer. I've sort of given up on the deer - my brother joked that I should make the body the neck instead, and then mount it on a piece of wood. Slightly morbid, but something my dad would think is funny. Oh, plus the Sweet Dreams throw. I'm thinking of making my MIL the same throw in colors to match their new living room, but I'm not even 1/3 of the way done with mine, so that might be too ambitious. I just have too many different projects going at once! I really want to start a shawl, but clearly I have other things to do first :)
Since every post needs a picture, here is the most recent shot of the ripple:

No comments:

Post a Comment